Monday, August 13, 2012

an intriging prospect: update

The other day I posted what I thought was a kind of funny email from a potential customer (below this post).

I replied to him saying he's cool & I'd love to hear how his non-marketing works.  Here's the response:


"Ooops – I’ve come across as doing okay – when the reality is I am just slack, totally boring and in need of a pill(s). So I owe you an explanation.

The truth is we operate in something of a niche and so I tell myself I know who we want to work for and what we do best - and we just  go there. I guess it’s been kinda word of mouth growth, but over an embarrassingly long, long  time. Retention of what we have has been key, the new stuff is always a total pain and at this point not worth the distraction.

But the competition keeps nipping away, so you never know. We may have to get off our high horse yet"

I suggested non-marketing may not be the way to go after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!