Monday, August 8, 2011

Take a Self-Portrait

Do you know…

  • who you are?
  • what you do?
  • why you do it?
  • what you stand for?
  • what you don’t and won’t stand for?

Because you won’t own your space until you know these things.  Otherwise you’ll flap about in the breeze and be swayed by others.

You don’t have to sit under a waterfall in a yoga pose but do take some time out for reflection before someone else leads you down their path instead of your own. 



It’s always good to find a smart, trusted person to talk through those reflections.  Just today my landlady popped in with a “Hi Rosie, how are ……….. do you know you have a big gash in your leg with lots of blood pouring out???”

Nope Judy, I didn’t know that.  And I still can’t pinpoint how I came to have that gash… but I’m glad she pointed it out & I now have it cleaned up. 

Friends point out stuff, but it’s up to you to decide what to do with that information. 

Keep reflecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!