Thursday, August 12, 2010

what the blog?

It’s a cool, sunny, Wednesday afternoon.  My baby is sleeping in the next room.  I’m sipping tea and considering inhaling a few of the mini-muffins I baked yesterday.  Maybe just one...

I love being a house mummy.

But this blog isn’t about being a mum. 

You see, I have this master plan to make it in the business world.  

Last year I discovered I was pregnant.  It was hugely ... HUGELY unexpected, (“AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!”) but I got over the shock (“ARRRGGGGH ARRGGH AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!! ............................. ARRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!”)  fairly quickly and tried to imagine the little life that was developing inside me.

It forced me to re-evaluate EVERYTHING.  Besides my tumultuous personal situation, it’s always scratched at the back of my mind.  For as long as I can remember, I’ve found myself coming up with business ideas.  From designing furniture, selling clothes on trademe, to online boutiques and grander ideas.  But it's just that, they've only been ideas.

I see my current situation as an opportunity to break out of the mould!  This is my time to muddle through, make mistakes and have success. 

Enough talk, let’s do it!  So what the blog am I doing?

Phase One:  

Make cash in small ventures while working on my much larger project (secret squirrel for now but I will give little clues as I progress.)

Phase one has just begun.  At this very moment I’m waiting for my consignment of 1000 pieces of women’s clothing to arrive.  I looked extensively into parallel importing last year but the other day I saw a cool, local opportunity.  I also obtained about 150 items of good quality, pre-loved clothes to sell and have purchased a mannequin.  You’d be surprised how well your second hand clothes can sell if they’ve still got good life in them & are presented well.

Loving the mannequin being part of my decor now actually!



Feel free to observe as I fumble along!  Organising’ is generally my kryptonite, but fortunately I have an abnormal excess of enthusiasm which generally counter balances it... generally...

Yikes - my stock just turned up!!!  Oh and it looks good!  (phew!)  Let’s see how this goes...   

Whoop Whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!